Monday, June 15, 2009

Just Back In Granada....A Pig Fever Interlude

I'm finishing the serious blog entries and they should be up tonight and tomorrow. In the meantime, though, I present these photos from the Nicaraguan Department of Health's swine flu posters.

I hope they paid the woman in the bandanna extra for doing a love scene.


I generally try not to take photos of people and post them on my blog without them knowing. That said, I offer it as a public service. Anyone renting a car at the Managua airport should be gratified to know that the car rental guys are not breathing on your steering wheel. Or your paperwork. Or anything for that matter. I have no idea at what point renting a car becomes a high risk activity, health wise, but rest assured that we are all safe.
In all fairness they knew I took the picture because I was slick enough to forget to turn the flash off before I took it. I asked them if they minded and they said no.

And for those that were wondering, there are in fact pigtails on Big Corn Island. And they are important enough that they merit their own sign.
Now I will probably come down with swine flu as I have bad swine flu karma from being so damn snarky about it.

3 comments:

PoochesForPeace said...

What the hell, that's hilarious. I was a little scared to click on this post after the tape worm story, lol

Kathryn said...

your blog never fails to make my day!! Wish I was there with you.

Give Nica a big hug for me... Kathryn

Si Quieres, Pueden Reir (if you want, they can laugh:) said...

your blog never fails to make my day!
Wish I was there with you Finn.

I am soooo surprised by the response to Swine flu.. never would of thought.

Make sure to send my Kathryn salutations.

cuidate, mujercita